Senior Research Analyst, IBM Canada
Adjunct Professor, University of Toronto
Ukrainian Catholic University
On September 8-9, Oleksandr Romanko – Senior Research Analyst, IBM Canada – and Professor at the University of Toronto and UCU comes to Kyiv. Oleksandr will hold the course “Data Analytics and AI: Business edition”.
Data is the second “oil” in the modern world. Learning to correctly process, interpret and visualize data can help better understand their customers and more easily capture markets. Both large IT companies and startups are hiring Data Scientist.
However, not everyone benefits from the involvement of such workers. Why? Everything is just plain, management does not fully understand the principles of working with such technologies. That is why we decided to organize a course on managing Data Science projects for executives, project/product managers and developers planning their own startups.
The course will focus on the following topics:
- Introduction to the science of data and analytics
- Data Science as a competitive advantage for your business
- Tools to process with data
- Machine learning – golden mine or hype?
- Artificial Intelligence: monetization
- Data Visualization
- ML / AI business cases from Top-Managers of IT Companies
- Ability to analyse your company’s case with speakers
- How not to waste millions on data science?
Who should take this course?
- Managers and decision-makers who would like to implement data-driven and AI projects
- Professionals with experience in the field of IT, marketing, finance, consulting, etc. who would like to recognize AI opportunities and successfully execute analytics projects
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who would like to utilize data analysis
- Individuals seeking to create own strartup/company.
During the course, leading experts on machine learning, applied artificial intelligence projects will also speak:
Head of R&D, Ciklum
Theme: Applying the Data Science Approach to Your Business
McKinsey&Company advanced analytics team alumni
Theme: Advanced Analytics: competitive edge for your business
SMART business, Strategic Marketing Manager
Theme: Predict marketing. Predict KPIs. Predict Future. How to win in business model competition using Artificial Intelligence? Business case online taxi service UKLON.
Course format: a two-day course where you will get basic tools for working with data and instructions on how to apply them.
Venue: iHUB, 10 Khreshchatyk Street, Kyiv, 01001
Course language: Ukrainian, slides and explanations for examples in English
Introduction to data analytics and artificial intelligence
- Data-driven company from managerial point of view
- Client-driven data analytics projects
Working with data. Part 1
- Datasets, open data, structured and unstructured data
- Datasources (transactions, log data, sensors, text data, audio and video data)
- Databases and data structures
Working with data. Part 2
- Web-scraping, APIs
- Data preprocessing, data validation, data and feature engineering
- Big Data
Advanced Analytics: competitive edge for your business
Mariia Koroliuk – McKinsey&Company advanced analytics team alumni
Questions that we can try to answer with data analytics
- Statistics (samples, distributions, hypothesis testing, time series)
- Machine learning (prediction, classification, clustering, associations)
- Artificial intelligence (analysis of text and social media, understanding and translation of natural language, spatio-temporal analytics, image and visual recognition)
- Modeling uncertainty (Monte Carlo simulations)
- Optimizing decisions (optimization)
Applying the Data Science Approach to Your Business
Borys Pratsiuk – Head of R&D, Ciklum
Storytelling based on analytics, analytical decision making. Part 1
- Visual analytics
- Validating analytics
- Storytelling based on analytics
Storytelling based on analytics, analytical decision making. Part 2
- Decision-making based on analytics
- Infrastructure for analytics (cloud, services/APIs, analytics solutions)
Predict marketing. Predict KPIs. Predict Future. How to win in business model competition using Artificial Intelligence? Business case online taxi service UKLON.
Andrey Burlutskiy – SMART business, Strategic Marketing Manager
Selected case studies (more case studies would be covered during the course)
- Visual and image recognition
- Natural language understanding
- Chat-bot for investment portfolio selection
- Simulation modeling of restaurant operations
- Visual analytics with IBM Watson Analytics and AI solutions at IBM Cloud