Workshop “Recommendation models for Marketing and Sales problems”
What are the recommendation models and how to apply them in the data analysis?
Within 3 hours of the workshop, you will learn about the construction of recommendation models and how to apply them to increase sales and succeed in marketing activities.
- The first recommendation models are NETFLIX / “Next product for sale” recommendations from AMAZON.
- Sales Increase through the search for an optimal/correct product.
- Approach to the “product” as an object in the broadest sense of the word. Application of reference models for non-traditional tasks. The anticipation of migrants’ problems on the example of “Donbass SOS” data.
Independent digital consultant, previously McKinsey Advance analytics core practitioner
Maria previously worked for McKinsey&Company, serving major F500 firms, with 60% of her projects specializing in analytics for marketing, such as client segmentation, next product to buy and churn models. She obtained her MSc in Mathematics at the Warwick University, UK and used to lead projects in London, Wroclaw, Minsk, Dusseldorf, Berlin, Munich and more. How she is freelancing and preparing for her Round the World Trip, starting the Central Asia in less than a month.
Who will be interested in the event:
- Students who want to understand the data analysis;
- Marketers who want to get acquainted with the tools that will help them with everyday tasks;
- For developers who want to expand portfolio and base of possible
To prepare a presentation for the given data and methods on 2-3 slides. The presentation contains the results of the work performed and should help to increase the level of product sales.
A total of 5 teams of 7 people each. The teams will be formed by the mentor for the correct distribution of skills and knowledge of the participants. Each participant performs its part of the work: one person is preparing a code, the second is a story for the results, and the third one is a presentation …
- Build a collaborative filtering model for the advisory system and present its value and insights.
- Presentation of projects.
Recommendations for the next steps in analyzing marketing research:
- Chunk modeling for customers (churn modeling).
- Automatic methods of segmentation.
Requirements for participants:
- Knowledge of mathematics or readiness to quickly understand and repeat- an understanding of how to multiply the matrix and what is the Pearson correlation ( desirable but not necessarily)
- Knowledge of the programming language will be a plus. So, as participants work in teams, be able to program everyone is not necessary. We recommend using Python2 to work.
- All participants need a laptop
18:30-19:00 – Registration
19:00-19:30 – Lecture “Needs and examples of recommendation models in the analysis”
19:30-22:00 – Practical part of the workshop and discussion of the results
We equip startups with the necessary education and skills, mentorship support, aid in getting investments and high-quality infrastructure so that the teams could focus on creating their own business and have everything they need in order to succeed. We are developing an ecosystem of innovative startups in Ukraine and across Eastern Europe, and raising the quality of skills of young innovators in order to strengthen the social and economic potential of this part of the world. We are nurturing the future generation of entrepreneurs, who will create and develop new sectors of Ukrainian and Eastern European economy.